Before reporting a bug, please consider the following:
Once you have gathered this information, you can submit a report to the FFmpeg bug tracker.
Note, you must register there first before you can submit a report.
You should provide all information so that anyone can reproduce the bug.
Please do not report your problem on the developer mailing list:
Only send bug reports there if you also intend to provide a fix.
Submitting Sample Media
The developers may ask you to provide a sample media file illustrating your problem. In this case, please follow these steps:
- If the sample file is too large ( > 10 megabytes), cut it down to
size with the Unix 'dd' command:
dd if=sample-file of=small-sample-file bs=1024 count=10000and then upload small-sample-file rather than sample-file
- Please choose descriptive names like
block_artifacts_after_seeking.mkv. We already have plenty of
- Upload the sample with the VideoLAN file uploader.
- Go to streams.videolan.org/upload/
- Select the FFmpeg Project.
- Fill in the FFmpeg version in the VLC version field.
- Put the corresponding Trac ticket number in the GitLab ticket field, if a ticket exists.
- Write a brief describing of the sample and what is wrong.
- Upload the sample. Note that the file size limit is 1024M, file exceeding that are discarded.
- Email the ffmpeg mailing list and indicate the filename of the sample.
Hosting provided by telepoint.bg